Forum Home Forum Home > Forums > Spurs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spurs @ Brighton 2.45pm Tues Apr 17 @Flannerys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chairman Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seppoyiddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spurs @ Brighton 2.45pm Tues Apr 17 @Flannerys
    Posted: Apr 16 2018 at 10:41pm
Spurs look to regain their form against a Brighton club who are a win shy of safety, and will be facing five teams in the top seven to close out their season. Spurs with a cup semi final on Saturday would hope to rest some players for their match against United. Be assured, a club looking ahead to their next match playing a club desperate to survive in the Premier League will result in needless drama. Check it out at Flannerys.

rob_k View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2018 at 4:44pm
Pathetic, really. Not so much the result, but more concerningly, the extent to which we look so lackluster when either of Eriksen or Dembele do not start. I'll be gutted when Toby moves on, but I think it's more crucial we get extensions done for those two.

Aurier is shit. The soccer equivalent of a pitcher who has a million-dollar arm and ten-cent head. He's last season's Sissoko but playing a position where he can do us more harm.
rob_k View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2018 at 4:49pm
Ps. And did we all have the wrong studs on, or what?
samd View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2018 at 5:44pm
I have said it before and will say it again - we cannot be an elite team with the 4 fullbacks we have. Aurier is the obvious joker in the pack but the others are also limited. On top of that once Aldewireld leaves we have serious issues across the Defence next season. Can we please just sign him up already?

I can understand Poch starting Sissoko because the least he can expect from him is to perform against Brighton, and give his key players a rest. But in hindsight starting him, Aurier and Wanyama (also underwhelming to me) was probably too big a risk given the potential of errors and lack of combined skill and creativity across the 3.

Anyway a surprisingly bad performance all around given that a win here would have veen a great cushion and moral booster. Not a disaster yet but defeat to United in the cup and another draw/defeat in the league and we could be in full meltdown mode as we genuinely ponder ending the season without anything at all - not something I want to imagine but the way we played today it is far from unlikely. Lets get our assess up and ready for United - only a win will do!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic