NYSpurs.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forums > Spurs
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Spurs @ Leicester 2.45pm Tues Nov 28 @Flannerys
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spurs @ Leicester 2.45pm Tues Nov 28 @Flannerys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Chairman Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seppoyiddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spurs @ Leicester 2.45pm Tues Nov 28 @Flannerys
    Posted: Nov 28 2017 at 12:19am
The struggle to gather as many points as possible in a run of winnable fixtures continues. Poch promises Lamela will be visible to the naked eye, maybe even appearing on the pitch. Harry Winks is expected to miss out due to illness. We'll be following over land and sea (and at Flannery's)...on to victory!
samd View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2017 at 4:22pm
lamella's first piece of work back...an assist!!
samd View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2017 at 4:45pm
embarrassing how one formula constantly works against this team and how they have no answer whatsoever...way to go poch!

rotten one and all but dele ali - can we just bench the tosser.

Park Slope Yid2 View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Park Slope Yid2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2017 at 6:33am
Its clear that without a deep defensive midfielder we are much more vulnerable.  Dier could be part of back 3 if Wanyama was in front of him.   Its the combo of both Victor and Toby being out at the same time that's hurting us.

I watched Eriksen put 3 past Ireland last week and its like he's taking a rest after that stellar performance.   I think the team may have been on such a high after beating RM too that they took a vacation as well.

We certainly perked up in the 2nd half (as we did v Dortmund) and we wasted at least 3 good scoring opportunities.   Ali and Eriksen both below par, but can we really bench Ali?  He frustrates during much of any game and then produces a goal or an assist.

Lamela's return is timely and his movement off the ball and quick incisive assist for Kane's goal pointed to how lame Eriksen and Ali had been.   I hope he can stay fit.

Toby out until January.   Going to physic room to see when Wanyama is back.
taconicracer View Drop Down
Academy
Academy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taconicracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2017 at 3:23pm
I don't every again wish to see Aurier and Sissoko pairing on the right.  

Speaking about Sissoko, I don't understand why Poch plays him at all.  He is not simply not a professional footballer.  In fact, if I'm pressed to find a strength in his game, I'd say "time wasting".  He is good at that and I'm all for bringing him on when we have a 1-0 or 2-1 lead in the 88th minute.  Other than that he brings nothing - his shooting is a farce, he has no clue what to do with the ball, gets 30 feet out of position with a simple shoulder fake, and now we know how he does in 1-on-1 situations.  
MattySpurs View Drop Down
Reserves
Reserves

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattySpurs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2017 at 9:36pm
There has not been a worse midfielder in the club for some time.  He is an embarrassment.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic