Forum Home Forum Home > Forums > Spurs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spurs at Newcastle, 8:30am 13 August

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spurs at Newcastle, 8:30am 13 August
    Posted: Aug 07 2017 at 10:22am
I want nothing more in this match than to travel up there and hang 5 on them. it's payback time.

As always, Flannery's will be open a bit before so get up and get on that early train and make your pit stop at Donut Pub before! 

Also - many thanks to all that came out to the AGM this past Saturday, it was a great success and I think we're going to have a brilliant year. Congrats to everyone on the board!
the only reason you're alive is because it's illegal to kill you.
jet4444 View Drop Down
First Team
First Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jet4444 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2017 at 12:38pm
Agreed! I can't attend in person - so disappointing - but I will be in front of the Tele, donning the colors and singing for the shirt. Come on Tottenham. Get in Son!

JET
#TTID
Frank...is a very sick and dangerous man.
LosAngelesYiddo View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LosAngelesYiddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2017 at 2:30pm
so sissoko starts at rwb? i can't see wimmer coming in and dier going out wide. makings of a disaster. 

"an echo of glory" -bill nicholson "an echo of optimism" -daniel levy
rob_k View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2017 at 7:18pm
Pity that Wimmer's stock has fallen from looking solid in starting v. Man City to not trusting him to start at all.

On the plus side, Sissoko's fee to Trabzonspor goes up if he can prove his versatility?
samd View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2017 at 11:58am
Never got out of second gear...didn't need to against 10 men of a promoted side, sterner test awaits next week. Another oppty wasted by Sissoko. Need some depth pronto.
rob_k View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2017 at 1:18pm
Pochettino, after having said KWP was not ready to start:

"No, maybe my English still needs to improve."

Park Slope Yid2 View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Park Slope Yid2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2017 at 12:26pm
Just watched that press meeting.  Very interesting to me that Mopo said that he didn't want to say that KWP was ready days before the opening match v toons, because he didn't want to put such pressure on a young player.   He told him only on Saturday - and was pleased how calmly he took to news.

Great man manager, as if that is news to anyone.
taconicracer View Drop Down
Academy
Academy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taconicracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2017 at 10:22am
KWP's poise is what impresses me most about him...  Seems to not panic too much.  There will be times when he'll get caught out but for now he looks to provide great cover while Trippier is out.  Will be interesting to see if he plays against the blue scum.
rob_k View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2017 at 11:00am
Fun fact: You can't get a new kit personalized with KWP's name unless you order at least an XL...which is funny because I doubt he himself is an XL.
Jenks View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2017 at 4:24pm
Is his upper lip deformed or did he catch an elbow or something?
Spurs and Jets for 30+ years has really taken its toll!   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic