Forum Home Forum Home > Forums > Spurs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spurs v Stoke, 10am 9 Dec

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Secretary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spurs v Stoke, 10am 9 Dec
    Posted: Dec 07 2017 at 10:23am
If ever there were a time to turn things around in the league, this is the time. I'd like to see us out on the front foot and wouldn't mind seeing Aurier and/or Rose get the start, even though both played yesterday. I think we have to play a back 4 though with Sanchez out.

#COYS
the only reason you're alive is because it's illegal to kill you.
samd View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2017 at 1:31pm
Setting aside City (who are already out of reach), this was a good weekend for us as we gained points on every opponent for top 4 (united, scum, chelscum and pool). Question is - are we good enough to capitalize over the course of the remaining season? I have my doubts, we are def not as good as we were last season and perhaps not as good as the 4 above.
Park Slope Yid2 View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Park Slope Yid2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2017 at 9:33pm
All our major competitors have become stronger ... no doubt about it.   They have bought the talent they needed to fill the apparent gaps.  We have too, on a more modest scale.  But our squad has also matured.  Just compare our Champions League performances against last year.  

I hope Lamela is really on the mend and will be able to put in 90 minutes soon.  He has been really sharp in recent cameos.   And I expect us to strengthen in midfield in January.   Our solid defensive record of last year has taken a hit with Toby and Victor out at the same time, and given the rumors about Toby's reluctance to sign a new contract - maybe we'll add new defensive talent.   I posted last summer about then Hull DM Maguire - now with Leicester and England.  Big missed opportunity.
LosAngelesYiddo View Drop Down
Starting XI
Starting XI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LosAngelesYiddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2017 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Park Slope Yid2 Park Slope Yid2 wrote:

And I expect us to strengthen in midfield in January.

i don't.

Originally posted by Park Slope Yid2 Park Slope Yid2 wrote:

I posted last summer about then Hull DM Maguire - now with Leicester and England.  Big missed opportunity.

bit soon to lament missing out on king maguire i reckon. foyth will be twice the player, when he's at psg. 
"an echo of glory" -bill nicholson "an echo of optimism" -daniel levy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic